Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcoming a New Year



It's so exciting to return to the blogging world after being off line for the holidays.  I especially look forward to reading about fellow bloggers plans for the new year and what they hope to accomplish in the coming months.  I too have had time to think about what I want to really focus my efforts on in 2011 and I'm excited to announce that I am in the works of developing a new online shop.  I'm a little hesitant to talk in detail about this new endeavor, however I am excited to have already started creating some inventory and brainstorming ideas for more.

I can tell you that my new shop will feature decor for the home and other little knacks that make a home feel cozy and lived in.  The shop will feature a combination of paper crafts, sewing projects, and art that is easy on the environment and have a unique handmade aesthetic to each piece.

I can't wait to share more...but for now I can share with you the space and place where most of my creations have begone to take shape.  Small you say?  Yep!  It's my craft closet and one of the first "rooms" that I decorated when we first moved into the coach house.  It's small yet holds all of my craft supplies including my sewing machine and paper rolls.  My favorite part are the magnetic boards I hung on the inside of the doors to serve as inspiration boards. That and the fact that I can make a mess and at the end of the day close the doors to conceal all the work in progress.
Wish me luck on this huge undertaking!  I'm really excited and motivated to start on something that I am utterly passionate about. And I can't wait to share with you it's progress along the way.

Hooray for new creative challenges and great beginnings to the new year!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh- I can't wait to see the new shop! Your Etsy has been closed for so long...I think I may have forgotten to add you to my circle!

Liz said...

love the new mod look on the page....excited to hear more aboout your shop...any names yet? Happy New Year

Liz said...

Thanks Courtney! Yay- I know it's been a while and yes I am part of your Etsy circle :)

Liz- Thanks, yes there is a name but I'm keeping it under wraps until things start coming together. So stay tuned...I'm really excited!