Monday, February 13, 2012

Dress Details


I've been on a mission (with Pinterest by my side) to narrow down the style of dress that speaks to the way I want to look on my wedding day.  If this isn't it..then I don't know what else can top it at this point. I love the styling of the dress including the delicate beaded cap sleeves and the effortlessness of the dress itself.  No fussy train or big bulky fabric just a sweet, romantic dress to set the mood for the entire day.  To make it all even more special my future mother-in-law Mary Jean is taking on the role as my dress maker!  She took my measurements last weekend and together we will work on creating something truly special and one of a kind!  I'm excited beyond words to be working with her with this!  She's one of the most talented and patient people  I've ever met!  After she jotted down my measurements, she showed me her wedding dress that she made for her big day!  It was so simple with sweet touches added like beaded flowers all along the neckline.  This is one project I know I'll be jumping in my pants to share with you... eekk!  So excited!

4 comments:

Ada (new york) said...

This wedding dress (details details) is GORGEOUS!!! I remember, for my wedding dress, as soon as I tried it on I KNEW IT WAS IT. It was exactly what I wanted for my beach wedding :)Have fuuuun!

leah of sang the bird said...

the details and simplicity of this dress is amazing. you are going to look beautiful. enjoy the process!

Theresa / InspirationCOOP said...

Oh, Liz, I couldn't agree more. That dress is gorgeous - understated with just the right amount of detailing. You're going to look beautiful in it. The fact that you and your mother-in-law are going to work on this together makes even more special.

Lauren said...

Absolutely STUNNING choice! I love it that your future mother in law is going to make it for you (I do *not* have that kind of relationship with my MIL!), and I can't wait to see the progress!