Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Worried Week

Last week my family and I got the news that our 89 year old Abuelita (grandma) has colon cancer.  And today the doctors performed surgery to try to remove the cancer.  Please keep her and my family in your prayers during this time....I'd really appreciate it.

My Abuelita lives in El Salvador, that's where my parents are both from. I feel good knowing that my dad has been by her side for the past 3 weeks.  It saddens me to think of someone going through something as scary as this alone.  She's a strong lady in heart and spirit. I just hope that her body is strong enough to handle the stress of the surgery....


***UPDATE:  Abuelita made it through her surgery this week!!  She woke up and asked my dad for something to eat, which is a good sign :)  Thank you for all your support and well wishing for me and my family this week.....Looks like we are going to see her celebrate her 90th this year!! Hooray!!!

6 comments:

Tori said...

So sorry to hear that! I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers : )

Lauren said...

What terrible and scary news for your family. I'm so glad your dad is with her and I'll hold all of you in the light. xo

Theresa / InspirationCOOP said...

Liz, So sorry to read about your abuelita. The fact that they could operate on her at 89 makes clear that she is still a very strong woman. Sending lots of positive energy and thoughts your way. xo, t.

Jadyn @ Dutch.British.Love said...

I just came across you blog, it is beautiful. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother - from experience I know that living long distance from family is hard in times like this. Just said a prayer for her & your family. All the best. xo Jadyn

leah of sang the bird said...

i am glad to hear you abuelita has come through surgery! I will keep her and your family in my thoughts. blessings and love xxx

Ada (new york) said...

Glad to hear the update ... that your abuelita is feeling much better yeaaaaah! Let her know ur blog pals send her love!