Monday, February 6, 2012

DIY: Photo Layouts (via Pugly Pixel)

I love when I get the chance to learn something new and in return get to share my findings with you on this online community! One of my favorite blog design resources Pugly Pixel recently posted how to create your own photo layouts using layer masks in Photoshop. While this may sound a bit intimidating ( I've have this feeling towards them too), Katrina breaks it down step-by-step and makes it super easy and fun to create your own.  I love having the freedom to create new templates to fit how I want my photo story to be organized and laid out. With the help of layer masks you can easily drag and drop your images into your template and then size your photos to your liking. The best part is you can use these over and over and create more whenever your mood or (photo story) strikes! Check out Pugly Pixel to get the full instructions.  Here are a few layouts I've already created and are saving to use in future posts! Can't wait to try em out! Thanks Katrina for demistifing layer masks!





5 comments:

Tori said...

This is good to know especially since picnik has a lot of us scrambling to try and another user friendly photo editing site. Thanks for the links!

Lauren said...

Thanks so much for the links! I'm with Tori: picnick has me irritated! I've makde a couple of collages in Lightroom, but I'd love the flexibility to be able to do some in photoshop too. It's all about the workflow, isn't it!

Liz said...

Your most welcome ladies!! I know what you mean about Picnick, bummer :( But at least we have each other :)

leah of sang the bird said...

liz, thanks for this link... i'm working up the courage to try photoshop... am so nervous. masks have me bamboozled, i'll check this tute out! thanks

Theresa / InspirationCOOP said...

Ah, thank you so much for sharing Pugly Pixel's PS tutorial. I'm trying to teach myself PS (Elements), so all the links/tutorials I can get my hands on is a definite help. Good luck to, as well!