Monday, September 22, 2008

{ DIY: Business Cards }

I've been busily working to get this tutorial put together & now I'm excited to share my finds and photos with you to help you create your custom business cards or other promotional materials. I'm a big fan of finding new print materials to play around with and these Avery clear labels + shipping tags are all you really need to create cards that look as stylishly presentable as you are! Enjoy making these in a wide variety of sizes (because the clear labels are actually 8 x 10 sheets of printable goodness!) Make an afternoon of designing, printing, and putting these together. BONUS: I've included this design as a free printable download under the Fresh from EV's Studio column to the right of my blog. Enjoy & happy promoting!


{1}.Laptop
{2}.Printer

{3}.
Avery Labels 25/pk. $23.99
{4}.
Shipping Tags

_______________________________________________

STEP 1: Design & Layout

Using Photoshop or another photo editing program create a new 4 x 6 sized document. I find that designing one label in this smaller document size is easier and allows you to save a smaller file for future revisions. After I'm happy with my design and type placement I create an 8 x 10 document (this is a little smaller than the 8.5 x 11 Avery paper size). Copy & paste your finished label into this new document and arrange your label to desired printable size. (see photo below) For my labels I printed them 3.5 x 1- 3/4 to fit onto my shipping labels. Continue to copy & paste your label until you fill your 8 x 10 document. I was able to fit 17 onto one page. Make sure to leave enough space in between each label to allow for cutting.



_______________________________________________

STEP 2: Printing

Adjust your printers settings to match your paper size & paper type. For this printing material I used the paper size 8.5 x 11 and the setting for luster paper.


_______________________________________________

STEP 3: Cut/Peel & Paste

Once printed I recommend using a straight edge and exacto knife to trim away the excess white around your labels.


Gather your shipping labels and printed labels. Peel the backing off your printed label (yes, these are like stickers)! Place and secure onto the shipping label.


_______________________________________________

STEP 4: Add Personal Touch

Add your finishing touch to your personalized cards & start handing them out! Yay.



4 comments:

karyn said...

Great find on the clear labels. I was wondering what kind of sticker to put on my cello bags. Love the tags!

Teal Chic said...

Your tags look wonderful!!!!! I tried making some with my logo a few months ago, and they didn't look cute like yours!

Ann Marie said...

How great is this! Thanks so much for putting this together and for sharing it.

Liz said...

Thanks gals! It'd love to see what lovely cards you come up with ;)