Monday, April 12, 2010

Creating Vintage Effects

When I spotted this tutorial on how to turn ordinary photos to look like they have seen better days, I knew I had to try it for myself! Although this tutorial (by Veerle) is a bit lengthy, meaning it has a lot of steps to it, I'm really thrilled by the outcome and the way it added a touch of vintage flair to my photos! It's kind of addicting and each result is different, which makes it even more exciting to try out. See for yourself...I bet you can't apply this effect to just one :)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

He Liz, another way to do this is to open your curves and adjust all three channels and perhaps toss a vignette on it too.
I love how the first photo looks after!

Unknown said...

I love vintagey feel photos!
agree about the curves - just bump up some of the highlights and things and voila.

xx stace

Liz said...

Thanks so much ladies for your suggestions! That's the great part about photoshop, there are so many different ways to get the same effect!