Monday, March 12, 2012

DIY Fabric Covered Potted Plants

To jumpstart the week I wanted to share a simple project I worked on this weekend.  I recently bought a few small potted plants from my local home depot to add some color to our bay window.  And instead of transferring the pots into a better looking pot I decided the quickest way would be to just cover them with materials I already had on hand.  A few pieces of fabric and yarn did just the trick!  I like the way these came out that I'm thinking of incorporating a handful of these fabric covered potted plants  (big and small) into the wedding decor. I'm digging the casual and rustic vibe these will bring to our day. Plus they are super affordable to boot! Wishing you a happy start to your week :)

8 comments:

Tori said...

I just love your photos! They're so bright and happy! Thanks for the tutorial I love fabric covered potted plants!

Theresa / InspirationCOOP said...

I love this idea, Liz. I can totally see this idea working at your upcoming wedding. But, don't go doing all these by yourself...Enlist some help. ;) I agree with Tori, your photos are always so nice. Happy New Week!

Lauren said...

Lovely project! They would look so pretty at your wedding, and what a fun party it would be to have a bunch of friends around the table chatting and laughing as you "bagged your plants!"

Liz said...

Thanks ladies! If this does make the wedding list decor I already have my takers of helping hands...wish you gals could be there too! I know you will be in spirit :)

@Lauren: I love that image of a bagging plants party!! Haha :)

JAMIE SAYS DREAM said...

I love simple and quick DIY, and this looks really great! Looks very 2012 :-)

leah of sang the bird said...

So happy and bright! I love this, quick and easy, and plants make such a difference to a space. xxx

kate v said...

What a fantastic idea! Just curious if you had to replace it frequently due to staining from the plant draining.

Liz said...

Thanks Kate! I only had to replace them when I accidentally over water the plants...oops! But other than that, they hold up nicely :)