Tuesday, March 13, 2012


I found this quote today while browsing through my Pinterest feed.  I couldn't find the author of the quote but I knew I had to share it on the blog today because it rings so true to me.  As you know Joe and I have been working on getting Coach House Pictures up and running which has lead me to experienced many out of comfort zone moments, but I know that they are good for me/for us. And I know that they are a super important step to creating anything new in this world.  Plus when I am shooting for CHP, I can't help but smile because my heart feels like it's about to explode (at times) because I get so excited and inspired when we have a photo shoot! It's amazing to see the results come to life and I can't wait to shoot more and share it with you all here!

So I have to ask....what have you done lately that has brought you out of your comfort zone? Would you do it again, now that you see that it's not as scary as you have played it on your mind to be?

5 comments:

Theresa / InspirationCOOP said...

I love this quote. I guess starting my blog was stepping out of my comfort zone. Then, getting on Twitter. But, reading this quote just now, reminds me that I need to stretch myself even more. Really put myself out there.
I love reading about your passions, namely how your pursuing your styling and photography passions through CHP. Really inspiring.

Lauren said...

Not enough! And that's part of why I've been so blue lately, I think! Time to leap some more...leap was my word for the year, after all. Thanks for the reminder, dear.

JAMIE SAYS DREAM said...

I agree, it's very important to get out of your comfort zone - but in a way that feels exciting and right, even if you are scared. Not in a way that makes you feel you are on the wrong path.

I think I step out of my comfort zone quite often. One example is at the end of last year, when I contacted a museum and told them how useful I could be for them. I think I did it in a way that shows self confidence, without being cooky. And now I work at that museum. :-)

If you have worked with many different things and in many different work places, like I have, you have to learn new things and get to know new people all the time. Standing in front of a class of teenagers for the first time is stepping out of your comfort zone, broadcasting news live on the radio for the first time is also a big nervous step. I've also traveled on my own several times.

I really wish you good luck with Couch House Pictures! Have fun!

leah of sang the bird said...

I love this quote! I love my comfort zone, even though I know i have to step out of it at times. I am so glad CHP is firing your passion. Congratulations x

Ada (hellooo home) said...

GREAT quote!!! Hmmm, I haven't gone out of my comfort zone lately .. maybe I was meant to see this quote as a reminder that it is 'time' that I do :) Thanks for sharing.