Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring is on it's Way!


It was amazingly warm today in Chicago at around 64 degrees..in March!  That's almost unheard of really, in these Midwest parts.  We think 40 degree weather is nice this time of year.  I got started on my indoor bulb planting to celebrate the weather today and I hope these babies bring much needed color and brightness to the place because in all honesty we need it!  What's the weather like in your neck of the woods/rainforest and what are you doing to celebrate the changing of seasons?

8 comments:

Emily Peck said...

I am just dying to get out in the garden! Here in Seattle, it's been so dark, cold, and depressing. The other morning we woke to 4 inches of snow! I have a ton of seeds bought as well...just waiting, waiting, waiting...dreaming of sun! :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

AHH! im so excited about the warm weather! i cant wait to be able to ride my bike again :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Igor Josifovic said...

Liz, I can't wait for a proper start of spring. Blossoming, sunshine, mild temperatures and a good spring-cleaning to freshen up my apartment!

Theresa / InspirationCOOP said...

It seems so strange that some parts of the States are still under snow and other parts are experiencing unseasonably warm weather. Like you, we are experiencing a warm front. I'm looking most forward to longer days.

leah of sang the bird said...

Beautiful lush newness. enjoy spring!

Anonymous said...

So lovely! Neel has his garden up and going, and as we headed south this weekend, it was like we got to see two springs. They were definitely further along than we were, but coming home more and more flowers were out. In the 70s here all week. I. am. READY.

Lauren said...

accidentally hit anonymous on that one! it's me! it's me! xo

gretchen said...

Spring spring spring! Sun is shining even here in Finland! Love it. At last...and your work with flowers looks so fun!!! Can't wait to get to my garden...a little bit snow on the ground still... and it was fun to see your header development! Great spring to you!