Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dinner with Trader Joe's

The other night my main man Joe was out for the night, which left me to fend for myself for dinner.  This is one of my all time fav dinner for one recipes and *bonus* all the ingredients are a one stop shop at your local Trader Joe's! In my version I use 3 egg whites and only 1 yolk.  I make the egg omelet first and then set it aside and while the pan is still hot I throw in the greens and wait a few minutes until they get a bit wilted.  Then I spread the feta and red pepper spread on top and savor each bite!  HHmmm..I can taste it now.  Do you have any quick dinner for one recipes?! Please share.

4 comments:

Theresa / InspirationCOOP said...

Well, that seems quick and easy. Gosh, I love me some Trader Joe's. We should all share what our favorite items are from that store some day. Have you ever tried their turkey meatballs (in the frozen section)? Pretty tasty. Thanks for the meal idea.

Liz said...

Yes! It's one of our weekly staples! And yay, that would be a great idea! How about the frozen Mac and cheese? Oh, so yummy!!

leah of sang the bird said...

I don'tknow what Trader Joe's is, but this looks so yummy! My go to meal is pasta with garlic, kale and butter. {Plus swet chili sauce on top.}

JAMIE SAYS DREAM said...

Looks yummy, but what's in that read pepper spread? (I live in Sweden, no Trader Joe's here).