Monday, March 5, 2012

Inspired by: Utterly Engaged



Photography: Utterly Engaged

After taking our first venue tour last weekend at a local barn, let's just say that I left feeling underwhelmed by the feeling on the space.  It seemed nice from the outside with a big red barn door and silo but the inside seemed dark and too country picnic-ish for a wedding.  What we did decide on is that we want to have the ceremony and reception all in the same place, so our guests don't have to shuffle around.  Needless to say I was in need of some major wedding decor inspiration.  I got my fill with the help of these two very different wedding styles found via Utterly Engaged.  I love the modern, sleek feel of the first space and the romantic and laid back vibe of the second.  The hunt continues for a venue.  Next up we are looking at possibly renting a tutor home located on a few acres of wooded preserved land. And I also got an idea from a co-worker to see about possibly renting out a bed and breakfast to serve as the venue.  Any out of the ordinary venue ideas you might have for me would also be greatly appreciated.  Wish me luck on my hunt!

*A few more wedding details:
  Guest List: 75
  Wedding Colors: Mint & Poppy with accents of Ivory & Yellow
  Honeymoon: Thailand
  Date: TBD

8 comments:

Michelle * Viva Revival said...

Good luck! I'd say finding a venue was the hardest part. And then they also screwed with us a lot. We did the ceremony and reception at the same place, at this really cool hotel with an art gallery attached. Having them in the same place is definitely the way to go!

Ada (hellooo home) said...

I am sure u will find the perfect venue .. a B&B does sound lovely!!! And, Thailand for honeymoon???? .... nice! Hubby and I almost went there last year for our annual get-a-way, we went instead of Spain + Italy. Our honeymoon was in Tahiti + BoraBora. Plannign may get a little crazy, just try to focus on staying sane and keeping it fun = lovely memories!

leah of sang the bird said...

Gorgeous inspiration. Having the ceremony and reception in the one location is such a great idea. Good luck xxx

Tori said...

Beautiful pictures. I can already tell the your wedding is going to be amazing! Your taste in these photos says it all.

Theresa / InspirationCOOP said...

Ah, sorry the venue didn't work out. I agree with Michelle and as I'm sure you know, the venue is the biggest part so hold out until one really speaks to you. You'll find it!
We got married in an old Victorian house. Ceremony and reception was all done in one place (great idea). We wanted our wedding to feel intimate...Like a big dinner party with our friends and family (even though there was 220 on the guest list! My MIL is a social butterfly.), so the house was perfect.
I love the idea of a Tutor home surrounded by trees (I'm secretly hoping you snag this one)! With 75 guests, you can really make your wedding special and intimate. I am wishing you luck and sending lots of positive vibes your way. I'm loving your vision.

evphotogal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

@MIchelle- That sounds like a great venue! I bet you got some great photos too :)

@Ada- Your honeymoon sounds amazing! I was kinda torn because I want the beach, mountains and adventure and I think we can get all 3 in Thailand. Thanks for the planning tips :)

@Leah- Thanks, hun.. I'm going to need it :)

@Tori- I hope I can create some beautiful memories too!

@Theresa- The Victorian house sounds so perfect!! That's exactly how I want my wedding to feel, like a fun, intimate dinner party with family and close friends. My MIL is also a VERY social butterfly..she already told me that she's going to have to do a dinner with her friends after the wedding :) Thanks for sharing your experience and for all the well wishes :)

leah of sang the bird said...

Liz, I've awarded you the Leibster award. You may have been given it before. Please don't feel pressured to pass it, just do it if you want to.
-leah xxx